Sunday, August 14, 2011

2011 A Great Year Of Change In My Life



It's the power of love, it's a light in the darkness, it's the rythem of a new start all over the world... Miten.

Me embracing the Ocean and Light in the West

It's been a long while since I wrote here on my blog, things have been full steam ahead in terms of my personal growth and spiritual growth, even though at times I felt I was going backwards, so much has happened and come up for me within, inspired by events within me and sometimes beyond my control, it has all been good and liberating in the wash of life thats constantly in a state of flux and chaos, at times very difficult and overwhelming and beyond anything I could have ever imagined...

It's all helped me move into a more surrendered place beyond my fears which I have been forced to face deeply. I am feeling more motivated than ever and more sure of who I really am, and because of that I notice I am now moving in a new way and flowing in synchronicity more than ever before, my challenges still exist but reformed because of how I view them, no longer am I running away or making excuses in those places where many like me get stuck at times...

I am feeling, observing, watching myself more, and I am just going for it... Yay !! ... There's no time to be dissatisfied, unsure, sad or anything that does not alighn with my dreams, desires and goals, yeah life's been hard but I created it and it's all been valuable, divine and necessary... I know it dosen't need to be hard if I get the lessons I have learnt, then I can avoid those pitfals in the roads ahead...

In some areas I have a clear view, in others I don't yet, I love the mystery and the main thing is rubber's on the road, and I aim to remain open to my highest posibilities and potential in every moment, this has worked for me for a long time, just now I am being more realistic and honest with myself I think and taking fewer risks...


A book jumped out at me yesterday while looking for a gift for a friend who has helped me alot lately, it's called "When Everything Changes Change Everything" by Neil Donald Walsh" That sums up things in some ways in terms of where I am at, so I bought it and will read it on the way to Melbourne to see family and give my mothers ashes to the great ocean in a family ceremony...

Back to why I share this, it helps me embrace who I am now and where I am going and it's an honouring of everything that is and isn't, it's an honouring of my opportinities and of how lucky I am for what I have and what I don't, this understanding brings gratitude and perspective.

Words can't express how blessed I really am, and how rich I am for all the experiences in my life and those to come, I trust and surrender to my gifts and my connection with all that is, that I may be in harmony and ballance doing what I love together with myself and with those I love, and so it is...

This is a great shedding of old and growing of new skin, of goal setting and actions to fullfill my potent dreams and desires, of healing and embracing new and higher truths, new journies, new creativity and new amazing friendships etc...

I hope it inspires you reading my posts, please comment or subscribe if you appreciate this sharing and you can make comments and share back with me by clicking the link at bottom of post...

Some of you may think I am mad, maybe I am, I have had a huge opportunity and I am moved by my experience, I honour my experience... Some of you will totally understand...

I love listening to Music by Miten and Deva Premal, been listening to them alot, I am lucky to have the whole anthology, so soothing relaxing and peacful... Just what I need...

Also the flute is helping me alot, I have been playing a bit lately after a long time not playing much... I feel new passion for the flute and my music than ever before, and feel inspired to create a new album by years end... I hope I can make the time for that as it's been 3 years now since I made Journey Over Mountains...

Saying Goodbye

In Febuary this year I said goodbye to My Dear Mother, Pamela Jane Farmer, after an heroic battle with Secondary breast Cancer in the bones which caused great complications and suffering for her and us all, this is a tribute to her and her amazing artwork that inspired many and will continue to for years and lifetimes to come... I have good feelings and great relief now knowing that she is free to journey on and be free of the suffering...

I am sharing this with you to let you know what a great woman she was, a jovial spirit and great teacher, she directly influenced me becoming creative with my hands and supported me and nurtured me on my journey to become what I am today in so many ways, but mostly because she was my mother and birthed me, we had a great connection and always will...

bellow is a but just few pictures of her and her textile artworks which she became very well known for in Victoria and beyond...

Self portrait felt work featuring our family pet Whippet "Weasel" AKA Weeby" a blurred and badly re-sampled pic unfortunately, this is my favorite work she did, not to say I don't love all the others

Amazingly felt puppet doll, without strings, made from everything natural like most of her work, natural home made bush dyes too

Acrylic painting very symbolic of her journey, feet in the water and floating with trust and freedom

Amazing colours in this felt Work

Pair of doll's


Closeup of embroided and dyed self portrait of Mum holding a bird...

My sister Chloe is currently catalouging Mum's artworks for a book and exhibition in the future...


Mum is a great spirit, she nurtured love and taught harmony and kindness through her actions not words, she learnt to transcend illusions and ego and surrendered to a higher truth...

Mum journeyed with one of my flutes, though she didn't find time to play them due to being so busy with Dying wool, felting, working at an art shop and preparing works for the many exhibitions she worked on, but I felt it fitting it should join her in her coffin as a symbol of protection and spirit creativity on her journey ahead, I then gifted a personal flute of mine to her Husband Wolf so he could heal his grief and send her spirit prayers, which I do too... It was another way of thanking her for her inspiration in the beginning with my creativity in art and later my flute making journey...

I also want to thank everyone who supported me through this recent chapter in my journey and those who helped me get back to Melbourne for Mum's Celebration of Life (funeral) Thank you and I hope I have helped you too...

Trip to WA in March


I did get a few days away after Mum passed in Broome WA as I was invited to help a friend fit out a shop front business, I was promised paid work but unfortunately due to his personal issues and delayed finance, it all fell through and left me high and nearly dry due to expenses it had already cost me, so I jumped on the next plane back to Brisbane feeling quite let down, it's no short trip via Perth and not cheap either, I was quite weary when the plane arrived at 7am in Brisbane...I did get a few days of pure enjoyment swimming and taking pics of the sunsets, amazing paradise indeed...

I was warned about the power of the land and what WA could bring up for me, Broome in particular has a reputation for this which many of all colours will tell you, the Native people are very kind relaxed and have an interesting and unique look, apparently they have part Asian genetics...

I was amazed to experience western sunsets on the beach and the place was swarming with dragon flies which was very appropriate being Mum's totem...(These are all huge pics from here on, click to enlarge to full screen)

Red Dragon Fly (Zoom this one up by clicking pic)


This was cool to see so many dragon flies in one place, so awesome, very enchanting and new

Amazing mud crab art... Try making a ball of sand like that, yet alone thousands... Only to do it all over tomorrow, that's dedication and survival, i'm sure they enjoy it!

Cabal Beach

One of the camel tours setting off down the beach


My favorite time at Cabal Beach was the sunsets, relief from the beating sun, and amazing red sky's most nights.

Thought i'd try and get this shot that I've seen folks do with the moon and the sun

That's better

the next 4 shots are a series shot together...



The big one is not the moon

The very next shot they are gone and there is a new light in the water, I blew this up in photo shop and it is an unusual shape, no idea how to explain it... No boat or person

Even though theres a high risk of sharks I swam nightly in the shallows, such lovely warm pure water


My own stay in Hospital
In early may 7 weeks after Mum passed I had a nasty fall and badly fractured my shoulder and spent 17 days in Hospital in Lismore and Kyogle, time to stop... The surgeon Dr Hudson and all the Hospital staff's were awesome and really inspired me to see the care and love they give daily...

The swollen Shoulder now has a plate and 10 titanium screws to add to the rest of my hardware, I am done with those experiences, yes I am mortal in flesh, immortal only in spirit, lol...

Asked by my friend Russell to focus on my strengths for this shot...This shows the spirit of I am never defeated by life, wow glad I am through the worst of this but my phisio will continue for many months to get the strength and movment back, alot of damage was done in the accident, trauma of the surgery and also wasting and muscle locking from being immobilised for a few months...

I have had a lot of time reflecting on my lessons and my future and what it is I really wan't and desire in life and am now putting that into practice, I am finally back on my feet and making long awaited orders from during my down time, new orders are starting to come in showing the energy is potent for my creativity and the universe needs me to continue my work, making flutes is what I am best at, but I am embracing new directions and new creativity more than ever before...

I have been studying photography and am passionate and am passionate about Poetry and Writing and of course traveling is still in my blood.

In 2011 I was supposed to be in South America back packing from Mexico to Brazil from Jan as I had planed back in Jan 2010 but by May 2010 Mum had be diagnosed with the secondary cancer, illness has put that on hold till the time is ripe again, so that is still on the cards but not urgent, may not need to be so far away as I am called also to travel in this country more than ever, seems more practicle and sustainable, but part of my spirit must return to the Andies and South America one day thats for sure...


Accupuncture Heating the needles with Moxa
Me having one of my regular accupuncture with sessions with Hugh housemate of my friend Harrold in brisbane, it was great to have these sessions to get my recovery under way, hugh is now a good friend... Harrold and hugh were great coming down and helping me in all kinds of ways... Other good friends Claudia and Heather too made long drives from Brisbane to be with me which cheered me up and helped my recovery...


My property For Sale

My beautiful bush retreat, Peace Of Eden in the beautiful Blackhorse Valley Northern NSW is for sale and it's part of the shedding skin and letting go to begin anew, a new journey and chapter of my life, it has been an amazing place to live grow and heal my spirit, I love this place and am just the care taker and part creator of the energy it embraces and holds, a very poswerful and peaceful place as the name suggests...
To let go of something like this when you love it so much is not easy, but to grow one must make sacrifices... If you or anyone you know may be interested in a lifestyle property 16.5 km's West of Kyogle please let them know...




backyard...

looking over to the Semi Rainforrest pockets...




The notorious possum kitchen raider busted, he can push this window open to get my avocados...

Dam with self seeding tallow woods and stringy barks above


Flute Circle September 2011

Stay tuned for Flute Circle Annoucments at Peace Of Eden in on 11th September 2011


Me running into the Ocean and light

No comments: